Lily Miller - Education Blog

Recorder Blog #3 and midterm demo

It is now the mid-point of the semester and I have successfully completed my goals. I learnt the two songs that I was aiming to learn, and I am relatively comfortable playing almost all of the notes of the instrument. That being said, I still don’t yet feel comfortable enough to teaching a music class. I still frequently mess up and I can’t always make the notes sound good. I would feel as if I was doing an injustice to the students by teaching them the recorder as I wouldn’t be modelling proper technique. Also, my knowledge of the instruments and of music in general is still quite low, I am still in the beginner learning stages! I know that by the end of the semester I will have acquired even more knowledge, that being said I am sure that I will have to study music outside of class and on my own time if I wish to teach music in my class. I am still no where near where I need to be!

Below I have attached the links to the videos of me performing both Au Clair de la Lune and Happy Birthday on the recorder (please disregard my zombie eyes).

Au Clair de la Lune: uf3LVuAkSVC9xaAE1RABqQ

Happy Birthday: o3MS+ND2RFCFMp6LoTh6hA