Lily Miller - Education Blog

Recorder Blog #4

I am beginning to learn Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. In the midst of all the chaos of transitioning to a new way of life, I had to take a break from my regular recorder practice to take care of some other priorities. Now that I am in somewhat of a routine, I can resume my practice.

Twinkle twinkle Little Star is harder than the previous songs I learnt so it is not coming as quickly as the other ones did. This just means a bit more practiced will be required! I am having trouble with the note C, which requires all the holes to be covered. I can’t quite cover them all effectively which results in an awful noise! I know that with practice, this will come. The challenge is trying to figure out how to adjust my hands to be able to cover all the holes, this of course is a movement I’m not used to so plenty of practiced will be required.

I am familiar with most of the other notes already from the previous songs I learnt, so in that regard I’m having an easier time picking up the song. Like anything else, a lot of work is involved in getting the desired results. I will continue to practice and hopefully achieve my goals!