Lily Miller - Education Blog

Zoom

In response to the transition from face-to-face instruction to online instruction, we are using the Zoom app as an alternative. This allows us to all connect from wherever we are to continue with our lectures. I found the app quite easy to navigate and there were very few steps involved in the set up. There were also very few technical difficulties, the sound quality and video display were clear. I enjoyed being able to see everyone, all separated but together!

I was apart of one of the groups that presented on Tuesday. This, of course, required us to change our original plans for the presentation. As our presentation was on SMARTboards, our intention was to use the SMARTboard that was in our regular lecture room. The presentation was going to be interactive and demonstrative, unfortunately we had to make do without. The slide show was easy to display on our screen so that everyone could see our presentation. In the end it all worked out, just not in the way that we had planned.

In times like these, we have to be flexible. Everything is changing, and will continue to change for a while now. Change is never easy but now more than ever is it important to be adaptable and understanding. Zoom was a great example of adapting to our new reality and bringing us together.